Fie'eiki Family Happenings

Once a blog about a family of 2, now expanded, over the years to a family of 6.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Kalena's Room

(Please be advised that sometimes this blog doesnt show in it's entirety. If you don't see the picture of a dresser with two pics of my mom above it, then click on the heading of the blog to open it up completely.-postmaster... hehe... that'd be me.)
So, I know it's not very artistic, but since we don't plan to be in this apartment forever, I didn't want to waste my time painting any murals or doing anything super cute that I'd have to 'erase' before we moved out. It's a simple room, but what I love best about it is everything inside it. I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family cause the grand total I spent for the baby, so far, is... wait for it.... wait for it.... $85!!! Yup!!! How blessed am I! :) Everything else was a gift, hand me down, or I was given gift cards and cash. It's kinda daunting, getting ready for a baby when you don't have any money. The Lord and Mom and Dad are watching out for me. I've less then 5 weeks and since I've been given three different due dates, I'm hoping the baby comes on the soonest one, Jan. 2, which is not the current one, Jan. 11th. Annie says not to get my hopes up, but come on... 4.5 more weeks of this????!!!! Please, no! Ok, I still have some more straightening to do in the baby's room, so I better go... love to you all!




I hate this picture of me, but of course my mom looks great, luckily it's too small for you all to see just how bad(fat &white) I look here... haha. Since Kalena is Karen in Hawaiian, it only made sense to have some pictures up of mom...


I just took the car seat out of the box and 'assembled' it. My bassinet I got as a gift from my step sis Cyndi, which Manapua is climbing out of... and my crib.

My rad changing table that I got in combination with my crib(see above) for only $85!! You gotta love the classifieds! :)


These are just Kalena's nice clothes, 0-3 months only. Hanging to the left you can see some more, but those are all pj's and the rest are in her dresser. She's gonna love clothes, just like her Mama!



So, I found this dresser on the side of the road, but it was a pukey pink, so I made it this cute dresser you see here.




Wasn't my mom gorgeous? I hope Kalena inherits her genes... :)





6 Comments:

Blogger Annie Singler said...

I love love love the nursery. I am SO sad I'm won't be there to hold her when she's all new ans squishy. SIGH...

Oh yeah, What EXACTLY is wrong with being fat and white? ;P

December 10, 2008 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger Josh and Michele said...

Super cute! Now I am officially ready to see that baby! I'm with you for Jan 2.

December 11, 2008 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Everything looks great for Kalena. Iwas due with my 1st on Jan.4th and she came dec.30th!!!! Here's hoping. Can't wait to see her. Marilyn Granat

December 11, 2008 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger The Eggleston family said...

Yay! What a cute nursery! I love it. It's perfect. I also love the pictures of your mom. Way cute idea. How exciting! I can't wait to see your little girl. She will be beautiful, (but you already know that ;)

December 12, 2008 at 8:31 PM  
Blogger Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

You did such a great job with that dresser. Your Mother was a beautiful woman, and you are also just as beautiful so it goes without saying that Kalena will be beautiful too. I can't wait to see pictures of her.

December 19, 2008 at 12:58 PM  
Blogger Jenilyn said...

Hey girl! Looks like you are all set and ready to go!!! I'm so happy for you! I hope you don't mind..I found your blog through Mckenna's....Good luck with you labor! Let me know how things go!

December 21, 2008 at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home